The success of using skateboarding and sport as a tool for youth development and promoting peace has been internationally recognized by a number of prestigious award organizations, including the Peace and Sport Awards, Beyond Sport Awards, and Architecture for Humanity.
Skateistan’s achievements have not been limited to the fields of development and education, but have also won prizes in international film festivals, photography competitions, and design contests. Our students have also been the recipients of a number of awards.
- 65th in the "Top 500" NGO's Worldwide by NGO Advisor
- "Eric Stricker Memorial" Award from Transworld Skateboarding Magazine
- "Champion of Learning through Play" Award from ASHOKA and LEGO Foundation
- "Frankin Paine's Skatepark Fund" Award for social justice through skateboarding
- #85 in The Global Journal's "Top 100 NGOs" for 2013
- Winner of the "UNICEF Sport for Education" Award at Beyond Sport Forum
- Winner of Beyond Sport "Innovation through Sport" Award
- Shortlisted for the Beyond Sport "Social Inclusion" Award
- Winner of ISPO Marketing and Social Awareness Award
- Winner of Peace and Sport "Image of the Year" Award
- Shortlisted for the Beyond Sport "Conflict Resolution" and "Sport for Education" Awards
- Sundance Film Festival screens "Skateistan: To Live and Skate Kabul"
- "Most Valuable Documentary" at Cinema for Peace Festival in Berlin for feature-length Skateistan documentary "Four Wheels and a Board in Kabul
- Winner of ISPO Brandnew Social Awareness Award
- "Best Documentary" at L.A. Skate Film Festival for Skateistan short film
- Sappi Design Award "Ideas that Matter"
- Winner of Peace and Sport Award "NGO of the Year"
- Recipient of Gamechangers/Architecture for Humanity "Architecture for Sport with a Social Outcome" Award
- Golden "Dove of Peace" (UN initiative)